Saturday, February 5, 2011

Hi

I feel a good way to start any blog is an introduction so here's mine. I am a 25 year old stay at home mother of 3. I had my first daughter C in July 2007 via cesarean with Exit Procedure, under general anesthesia, due to a condition with her neck. I had my son J in July 2008 via repeat cesarean as per my former doctor's recommendation (which was wrong). Then in September 2010 I had my second daughter E, in an unmedicated Vaginal birth after two cesareans (referred to as VBAC or VBA2C)in the hospital. I have a BA in graphic design and love all kinds of art. I have also decided I want to become a Childbirth Educator (CBE) and doula to share all I've learned with expectant parents and give them support so they get the best birth possible.

I've started this blog to chronicle my path to becoming a CBE as well as to share information and my thoughts on birth. I hope this will be a benefit to someone out there someday.

Giving birth is one of the most amazing things I've ever done and I am so thankful to the CBEs, doulas, and other members of the birth community which helped me with my births. They have inspired me to try and do the same.

I chose the blog name: Bless This Birth, because no matter if you're religious or not, whether cesarean or vaginal, medicated or not, birth is a life altering incredible event and we should make the most of it. And I truly think every birth is blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment